Kristen Stewart: 'Teen Vogue' Covergirl December 2008

Kristen Stewart enters the Twilight Zone in the December 2008 issue of Teen Vogue.


On getting the script even though she had never even heard of the books:
“ I guess I was just living under rocks and mountains. And though we were warned, I figured it would be a pretty exclusive fan base. I thought we were making a cult movie; I had no idea it was going to be this, like, phenomenon.”

On her character Bella Swan, a recently relocated high school junior who falls in love with a vampire named Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson):
“Bella’s a very relatable girl. She inhabits qualities that most girls have, even if it’s not on the surface… What I love about the story and what puts it on a different level is that it’s ‘chemical’…there’s nobody else for either of them. Period.” (She did, on occasion, draw from her own romantic life – she’s been with boyfriend Michael Angarano “forever” as she puts it.)

On the fashion world:
“If I’m just chilling out, then people can see me any which way, but it’s different when you’re putting yourself together to do something professionally. You’re under a lot of scrutiny. It’s a bizarre thing, to me, to consider that what I wear or what I do with my hair, can affect my career… I’m not the type of person who has a million things in my closet to put together, so I’ve begun to work with a stylist and we’ve started to figure out what I like. Simple, classically pretty things; I love Chanel.”

The Dec 08/Jan 09 issue of Teen Vogue hits stands November 18. Twilight opens November 21. To meet the cast of Twilight, check out the video at TeenVogue.com.

Written By: Annette