Taylor Swift's Latest Blog!

Taylor Swift recently blogged via her Official Myspace Account:



Saturday, January 24, 2009

While I was in LA, my mom re-arranged my bathroom.

That's probably my longest blog title yet, so if you weren't able to experience the whole thing because it cut the last part off (due to being so long)... It said "While I was in LA, my mom re-arranged my bathroom". As you can imagine, my bathroom looks different now. When I left for LA, my way of storing all of my make up and hair products was to pile it all on my bathroom counter. Most of it was grouped together in a very organized system (the pile). That's not to say the system was not flawed. There was one tiny, insignificant recurring problem.. If you pulled one thing out of the middle of the pile, it would create a giant avalanche of lip gloss and eye shadow and other various cosmetics (sometimes a container of powder, which was undoubtedly left halfway closed-- SO much fun to clean up!). I was fine with my system. 17% of the time, it worked perfectly without disastrous results. I wasn't going to complain about it because whining isn't really my thing, and I didn't have time to create another system (this takes planning and brainstorming!). So my bathroom has stayed the same terrible mess of piled up beauty products for two years.. while I traveled the world with the sad, unorganized state of my bathroom perpetually weighing in the the back of my conscience. Then suddenly... EVERYTHING changed. I came back from LA and discovered a whole new world. My bathroom is now a magical, wondrous place with cabinets for storing make up and hooks on the door for holding scarves. There are even drawers for my hair brushes and incredible little shelves for my towels! There's a new shower curtain in place of the one I've had since 7th grade (the one that has always secretly creeped me out a little, because it's all these people standing around and it really looks like they're watching me. Which was weird. I never liked them, and I'm glad they're gone.) There are little windows in one of the dressers, and through it, I can see the candles I used to have stashed randomly on the counter. Now they have their perfect little home, all gathered together in their tiny, organized sanctuary. But then I turned around and was startled by something... Where was my Britney Spears poster.... No, this can't be right... WHERE is it?!? I searched the room frantically for a few seconds before finding it's new spot. My Britney Spears poster (from 6th grade) had been relocated to my bedroom, which is another AMAZING upgrade. This way, I see it more often and it more proudly displays my unwavering devotion to Britney Spears. My jewelry has been neatly placed into these little jewelry containers that separate your necklaces so they don't get tangled into a huge unrecognizable, mangled ball that is IMPOSSIBLE to untangle. That used to happen to me all the time, but NOW it's preventable! Also, I found so many things that went missing over the years.. The most notable find would have to be my glasses. I couldn't believe it, but there they were! Apparently they had been lost somewhere in the giant pile of cosmetic doom.. I eventually gave up the search after a few weeks. Now they're back! The moral of the story is... My mom is wonderful and we apparently share the same hobby: Compulsively organizing and straightening up around the house whenever we're bored.

I can't wait to tell you all about LA and my life-changing guest appearance on CSI. Basically... When I'm really old and can only remember one story about my life to go back and relive, and tell over and over and over again to the point where my grandchildren roll their eyes and leave the room...... That's the story. Ah, I can see it now. "You know, when I was a youngster, I got to guest star on CSI! It was marvelous! So marvelous, it was!"

It was that good.

I'll tell you all about the rest. I love you with all my heart.

lovelovelove
-T-