Good Lord! David Beckham reveals chest tattoo of Jesus and angels for the first time

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

New ink: David Beckaham visited LA tattoo artist Mark Mahoney for his latest piece of body art


David Beckham posted the first pictures of his latest tattoo on Facebook today.

It’s no secret that David is a big fan of body art and Victoria has even joined him with a number of decorative pieces of her own in recent years.

But the 35-year-old latest addition is would look more at home on the ceiling of The Sistine Chapel than on a person’s chest.

The tattoo is of Jesus being lifted by three cherubs, of whom David says symbolise himself and his three sons Brooklyn, 11, Romeo, 8, and Cruz, 6.

David also posted a video on Facebook explaining why he had the tattoo and what it represents.


Divine inspiration: The new tattoo features a depiction of Jesus being pulled up by three angels


‘It’s Jesus being carried by three cherubs and obviously the cherubs are my boys and so my thought of it is that at some point my boys are going to need to look after me and that’s what they’re doing in the picture. It means a lot.’

The tattoo is the handy work of one of LA’s biggest tattoo artists, Mark Mahoney, who has worked on a long list of famous names who include Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.

David is just another in a long line of celebrities who have only good words to say about Mark. He added: ‘He’s not a tattooist who goes on and does TV programmes. He’s low key and stays out of things and is very talented. ‘

Mahoney works in West Hollywood at the Shamrock Social Club on The Sunset Strip and says he prides himself on making his customer’s experiences as memorable as possible.


Masterpiece: The tattoo took 12 hours in total


‘It’s called the Shamrock Social Club, not the Shamrock anti-social Club. People come here to relax and have a good time. People always remember the night they got tattooed. That’s one of the things you always remember in life, so I wanted to make that as memorable and as nice an experience as it ever could be.’

David first posted a picture of Mahoney working on his new tattoo back in December of last year . He Tweeted: ‘I want to let you all in on something. Just had a new tattoo done by the legendary Mark Mahoney.’

Today he revealed what an amazing experience it was for him. He added: ‘I had it done 3 months ago, before I left LA. I don’t plan on having a tattoo, but just sometimes I wake up with an idea or an image of what I would like on me.

‘It’s my way of expressing the way I’m feeling. Most of my tattoos are memories or things that mean a lot to me.

‘It was an 8-hour session which lasted until about 3 o’clock in the morning. I then went back a few weeks later and we did another 4 hours. It’s really is amazing.’
David's wife Victoria is pregnant with the couple's fourth child.


source: dailymail